Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional
TOPIC: Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God
Read: Mark 9:1-13(NKJV)
1. And He said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power.”
2. Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was transfigured before them.
3. His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them.
4. And Elijah appeared to them with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus.
5. Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah” —
6. because he did not know what to say, for they were greatly afraid.
7. And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!”
8. Suddenly, when they had looked around, they saw no one anymore, but only Jesus with themselves.
9. Now as they came down from the mountain, He commanded them that they should tell no one the things they had seen, till the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
10. So they kept this word to themselves, questioning what the rising from the dead meant.
11. And they asked Him, saying, “Why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”
12. Then He answered and told them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and restores all things. And how is it written concerning the Son of Man, that He must suffer many things and be treated with contempt?
13. “But I say to you that Elijah has also come, and they did to him whatever they wished, as it is written of him.”
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional STUDY
In our text today, Jesus took Peter, James and John up a high mountain and was transfigured. The unusual happened; it was a meeting of the living, the dead and the Holy Trinity. The church militant under Jesus was represented by Peter, James and John; from the church triumphant came Moses, the lawgiver and Elijah, the prophet. Then Jesus was there with the Holy Spirit as God spoke “This is my beloved Son; listen to Him” (Mark 9:7).
By this special announcement, God made it clear to all creatures that Jesus Christ is His beloved Son and should be listened to. Therefore, beware of many ‘Jesuses’ today – prophets of doom! Beware of strange gospels and religious founders who appear as angels of light but are wolves and deceivers.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the only son of God. He is the way, the truth and the life. We must listen to and act upon His words. We must resist every doctrine of demons today.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, please help me to listen to Jesus always and obey Him. Amen.