Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional
TOPIC: Make An Offering And Sanctuary To God From Willing Hearts
Read: Exodus 25:1-9(NKJV)
1. Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying:
2. “Speak to the children of Israel, that they bring Me an offering. From everyone who gives it willingly with his heart you shall take My offering.
3. “And this [is] the offering which you shall take from them: gold, silver, and bronze;
4. “blue, purple, and scarlet [thread,] fine linen, and goats’ [hair;]
5. “ram skins dyed red, badger skins, and acacia wood;
6. “oil for the light, and spices for the anointing oil and for the sweet incense;
7. “onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod and in the breastplate.
8. “And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.
9. “According to all that I show you, [that is,] the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make [it.]
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional STUDY
All the words of the Lord and all Whatever God commands must not be toyed with. Clearly stated, God demands offerings from us. The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the people of Israel, that they take for Me an offering…” (Exod. 24:1-2).
The offerings included: Gold, silver, bronze, blue, purple, etc., to make a sanctuary unto God. Today, how much have you contributed to projects in your church? What offering have you made?
We must support God’s projects financially from our hearts without grumbling, for God loves a cheerful giver. “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35). Again, to hinder our loved ones from supporting God’s projects financially is wickedness; we should never engage in this.
We must remember that by involving our money and possessions in things that have eternal value, we lay our treasure in heaven. What a big mistake for us to lay our treasure here on earth! We must never rob God (Mal. 3:8-9).
PRAYER: God, help me to give in support of your works willingly in Jesus’ name. Amen.