MFM Daily Devotional 16 August 2023
TOPIC: Fan the Flame (II)
Iron sharpeneth iron; So a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: Destitute of the fire of God, nothing else counts; possessing fire, nothing else matters.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
As fromtoday, God’s word in your heart will be like a burning fire, shut up in your bones, and you will be able to do His will, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Philippians 1:3-11
PRAISE AND WORSHIP: Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 26 – 27; Revelation 7 – 8
MFM Daily Devotional 16 August 2023 MESSAGE
Fire is communicable. It can spread easily. Another way to fan your flame of faith is by associating with people who are already on fire for God. The believers in Philippi helped to share the good news about Christ after Paul shared it with them. They fellowshipped with Paul who was on fire for God, and little wonder Paul prayed that God who had begun the good work in them would carry it through to completion on the day of Christ Jesus (Phil. 1:6). It means that the believers were actually growing.
You can identify believers on fire by their conversations, their decisions, their beliefs about purpose and eternity, and by their actions. Do they put God first in all these? Do they ‘decrease’ so that Jesus would ‘increase through their lives (John 3:30)? Do they do things through strife and vainglory, or esteem others better than themselves (Phil. 2:3)? Do they follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience and meekness (1 Timothy 6:11)?
The association of Moses and Joshua produced a great man of God and a successor in Joshua because Moses was on fire for God. The same thing applies to Elijah and Elisha as well as Jesus and the apostles.
Beloved, find believers who are on fire for God, and be humble enough to fellowship with them, and you, in turn, fire up those whose flames are low.
MFM Daily Devotional 16 August 2023 Prayer Points
1. Every spirit of pride preventing me from fellowshipping with the right people, depart from me, in the name of Jesus.
2. Lord, open my eyes to the helpful associations You have placed around me, in the name of Jesus.
3. I receive the grace to be a hearer and doer of God’s word, in the name of Jesus.
4. I decrease, so that Jesus may increase in my life, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every spiritual gift that has become dormant in my life, receive the fire of God and come alive, in the name of Jesus.
6. My family and I are for signs and wonders, to the glory of God, in the name of Jesus.
7. Whether the devil likes it or not, I shall fulfil my purpose, in the name of Jesus.