TOPIC: JESUS CHRIST AND THE TEN VIRGINS
Fire Scripture: Matthew 25:1-13
25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
MFM Daily Devotional 25 June 2021 Outline
The Parable of the Ten Virgins teaches us to be ready for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. It makes us to understand that every person is responsible for his or her own spiritual condition. All those who believe in Him are His bride. You must be prepared for Him because no one knows the day or the hour that He will appear. When you become a Christian, your sins are forgiven and you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
The oil in the parable is symbolic of the fuel that ignites our ability to live as Christ’s disciples. God the Holy Spirit gives us power and a new nature. He helps us to grow and mature spiritually. The parable gives an excellent insight into the condition of many churches today. The story comes in episodes:
1. The kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2. Five of them were wise and five were foolish. The foolish ones took no oil for the lamps while the wise ones had oil in their vessels for their lamps.
3. While the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
4. At midnight, a cry was heard, the bridegroom had come and they were to go out and meet Him.
5. They all arose and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise ones, “Give us some of your oil for our lamps have gone out.” They were not prepared for the Lord’s coming.
Jesus said, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, Lamps give light; Jesus said, “Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works”. The wise virgins were able to shine their lights because they had oil in their vessels. Oil symbolizes the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.
A song says. “Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning, give me oil in my lamp, I pray. Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning. Keep me burning till the break of day.” Are you burning for the Lord? If Jesus is your Saviour and Lord, your task is to deepen that relationship through prayer, God’s word, worship, fellowship with other Christians and cooperating with the Holy Spirit.
Memory Verse: Matt. 25:13 – “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”
Motivational Quote: Help me to keep my oil, that my lamp may not go off in the middle of the toil.
1. The God of Abra’am praise Who reigns enthroned above;
Ancient of everlasting days, And God of love:
Jehovah, Great I AM, By earth and heaven confess’d
I bow and bless the sacred name For ever bless’d.
2. The God of Abra’am praise, At whose supreme command
From earth I rise, and seek the joys At His right hand:
I all on earth forsake Its wisdom, fame, and power;
And Him my only portion make, My shield and tower.
3. He by Himself hath sworn; I on His oath depend;
I shall, on eagle’s wings upborne, To heaven ascend;
I shall behold His face, I shall His power adore;
And sing the wonders of His grace For evermore.
MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL PRAYER POINTS FOR 25TH JUNE 2021
1. Power of divine favour, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
2. Anti-favour spirit, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. Doors of favour, open for me by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. Power that makes one great, fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
5. Spirit of rejection and hard luck of my father’s house, I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus.
6. I shall arise and shine for my light has come and the glory of the Lord shall rest upon me, in the name of Jesus.
7. Power to be in the right place at the right time, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1Kings 22; 1Kings 22, 2Chro 18; 2Chro 18
MFM Daily Devotional 25 June 2021. The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) is a Pentecostal denomination founded in Yaba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria in 1989, now with churches in several countries. It was founded by Daniel Kolawole Olukoya.